20th MRSP Meeting
May 25, 2013
Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre Lahore, Pakistan
The organizing committee invites
your participation in the 20th Annual Meeting of the Medical
Research Society of Pakistan. Click
here to download the registration form.
Kindly mail, fax or email the registration form to the meeting secretariat.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Medical Research Society of Pakistan (MRSP) cordially invites you to attend our 20th Annual Meeting to be held at Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, Lahore on Saturday May 25, 2013
The Medical Research Society of Pakistan (MRSP) established in 1985 aims to promote medical research in Pakistan by providing a close interaction between scientists within the country and abroad as its membership extends to the UK and the United States. The society has evolved into a forum for the presentation of current research activities taking place at various institutes across Pakistan, each of these meetings has enabled intellectual cross-talk between scientists and medics working in different disciplines of medical research. The one day meeting is an opportunity for researchers to present their original research. We anticipate this meeting will provide a platform for future research and collaboration.
One key feature of our society and the meetings we hold is that we encourage young researchers to come forward and present their work and develop the traits of critical thinking, moral reasoning, and problem solving. In the past we have also used the meetings to communicate valuable information for researchers such as how and where to seek grants; study design and implementation strategies, research ethics, and plagiarism have also been discussed.
We strongly encourage you and other researchers from your institute to submit abstracts for the meeting.
Please find enclosed an ABSTRACT submission Form for the 20th Annual Meeting to be held on May 25, 2013 at Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, Lahore. Click here to download a copy of the Abstract Form. Please submit your paper through email to the Conference Secretariat.
Your abstract may be submitted either for an ORAL or POSTER PRESENTATION. Each presentation will be limited to 10 minutes, followed by 5 minutes for discussion.
deadline for submission of abstracts is April 10, 2013
Abstracts reviewed after this date will not be considered. The confirmation of acceptance of your abstract with mode of presentation will be decided by the Abstract Review Committee.
We look forward to seeing you in Lahore and assure you of an exciting and educational meeting.
Dr. Faisal Sultan, Chairman, MRSP
Dr. Muhammad Usman Rashid, General Secretary, MRSP
DIRECTIONS FOR PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACT FORM
· The abstract must be written in English in not more than 250 words and typed within a 12 cm by 13 cm rectangle. Leave no margin at the top and left- hand sides. Care must be taken when typing the submission, which will be directly photo-printed.
· Use of standard abbreviations is desirable. Place special or unusual abbreviations in brackets after the full word, the first time it appears. Use numerals to indicate numbers, except to begin sentences. Type in single space using a 12 point font size.
· Type the title of the paper in capital letters across the top of the page. Leave one blank line. Next line: Type your surname last preceded by your initials. Underline the name of the author presenting the paper. Next line: Type the name of your department, institution and city.
· Organize the body of the abstract as follows:
· THE ABSTRACT SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY ONLY.
Please email this entire form by April 5, 2013 to meeting secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details and submission of abstracts please contact the meeting secretariat Ms. Aniqa Agha.
Ms. Aniqa Agha
Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre
7 A Block R3, Johar Town
Tel: +92 42 35905000 ext. 3034
Fax: +92 42 35945205